Now he was much struck with his father's negligence in not insuring south's life . 可现在,由于父亲当年疏忽,没有给苏斯做人寿保险,他要遭受巨大的打击了。
"to be kind and keep your end up, there's nothing else in it," he had once heard his father say . 他有一次就听见父亲说:“做人要厚道,而且尽你的本分,别的都没有关系。”
Mrs. dalton, trying to grope her way toward a sense of decency, wanted him to go to school and learn a trade . 道尔顿太太,想要摸索出一条规矩做人的道路,要他到学校去学个一技之长。
She was one of the few gentle women i have ever known, and has remained throughout my life the measure of what a human being can be . 她是我认识的少数几个有身份的妇人之一。在我一生中她始终是我做人的榜样。
I want to let you know that if you ' re careful , 我想让你知道如果你能谨慎做人的话
When i found out the truth , i decided to shape up 发现真相以后,我决定重新做人
The fuckers should ' ve just laid low and shut up . . 那些狗日的应该老老实实做人. .
From here on , i hope you ' ll behave yourself . 从现在起,希望你规规矩矩做人。 ”
This veteran worker taught his children to be honest 人教育他的子女做人要诚实。
It was against all my principles to work with him 与他共事违反我的做人原则。