音标：[ weidʒ ] 发音:
- What those people valued was high wages .
- The wage due to him will be paid tomorrow .
- That would upset the wage differential .
- He receives wages plus room and board .
- They are sticking out for higher wages .
- The workers received their wages in cash .
- Are wages keeping pace with inflation ?
- The wages were low, and the work was hard .
- We must impose restraints on wage settlements .
- How can i keep a family on such a miserable wage ?
A wage is remuneration paid by an employer to an employee. It may be calculated as a fixed task based amount, or at an hourly rate, or based on an easily measured quantity of work done.