音标：[ tæks ] 发音:
过去式: taxed 过去分词: taxed 名词复数: taxes 现在分词: taxing
- They hope for a small diminution in taxes .
- She let slip that she had not paid her tax .
- His prime task is to lower the tax rate .
- How much did they tax you for that hat ?
- The new tax program is now over the hill .
- Both city and town dweller should pay tax .
- We do heavily tax the exploiting classes .
- The taxes of all kinds came up to a huge sum ...
- Taxes are going to go up , by the look of it .
- The tax is a death-warrant for small businesses .
- charge against a citizen''s person or property or activity for the support of government
同义词：taxation, revenue enhancement,
- make a charge against or accuse; "They taxed him failure to appear in court"
- use to the limit; "you are taxing my patience"
- levy a tax on; "The State taxes alcohol heavily"; "Clothing is not taxed in our state"
- set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)