音标：[ 'ʃauə ] 发音:
过去式: showered 过去分词: showered 名词复数: showers 现在分词: showering
- He padded to the bathroom for a shower .
- A cold shower will soon wake you up .
- People shower the newly-weds with confetti .
- A rapid shower had cooled the air .
- A southwest shower lashed the window-panes .
- The falling wall showered dust on us .
- They eat dinner late here. take a shower .
- Honors were showered upon the hero .
- The dancer was showered with praise .
- We are having a new shower put in .
- washing yourself by standing upright under water sprayed from a nozzle; "he took a shower after the game"
- a plumbing fixture that sprays water over you; "they installed a shower in the bathroom"
- a sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower; "a little shower of rose petals"; "a sudden cascade of sparks"
- a party of friends assembled to present gifts (usually of a specified kind) to a person; "her friends organized a baby shower for her when she was expecting"
- someone who organizes an exhibit for others to see
- a brief period of precipitation; "the game was interrupted by a brief shower"
- take a shower; wash one''s body in the shower; "You should shower after vigorous exercise"
- provide abundantly with; "He showered her with presents"
- spray or sprinkle with; "The guests showered rice on the couple"
- expend profusely; also used with abstract nouns; "He was showered with praise"
- rain abundantly; "Meteors showered down over half of Australia"
A shower (or shower-bath, walk-in shower, steam shower) is a place in which a person bathes under a spray of water.. Shower, def 3.