Miss sharp kindled with his exciting talk, but miss sedley trembled and grew quite faint as she heard it . 夏泼小姐听了这样叫人振奋的话,不由得眉飞色舞,赛特笠小姐却怕得直发抖。
Doctor sloper, escaped all criticism but his own, which was much the most competent and most formidable . 斯洛泼医生避免了所有批评,却逃不掉自己的苛责,而自己的责备恰恰是最痛切,最严厉的。
Arnold's snippet of information, however dry, might have fed her pride if she had not felt temporarily quenched . 若不是当时她感到有如泼了瓢冷水似地心灰意懒,那么阿诺德的这段介绍,无论多么枯燥乏味,她也会引以为荣的。
Their two confidential friend: mr. shepherd who lived in the neighbouring market town, and lady russell, were called on to advise them . 他们的两位知心朋友一位是住在附近集镇上的谢泼德先生,一位是拉塞尔夫人,被请来替他们出谋划策。
Somebody for you on three - someone from harper ' s 三号线有人找你-哈泼斯的人。
Don ' t blow smoke up my ass . get your head out my ass 别给我泼凉水少管我的闲事
Teacher : " contributing writer for harper ' s magazine , “ 《哈泼斯》杂志的撰稿人,
Don ' t waste your syrup on me , miss sharp 别在我身上浪费你的甜言蜜语了夏泼小姐
I blurred my report by spilling milk on it 我不小心把牛奶泼了出来,弄脏了报告。
Isaw miss sharp at the auction this morning 我在早晨的拍卖会上看到夏泼小姐了