You learn to scramble and move quickly . 你要学会抢先,动作要快。
She was the first to speak, "he should have acknowledged her. " 她抢先说,“他应该去认她。”
He could rush out an edition a few hours in advance of his rivals . 他能比同行抢先几个小时出版。
He was anticipating his expectations at a dazzling rate . 他正以令人目炫的速度抢先花掉他的未来遗产。
Xiao gao began to speak before everybody else , just as the meeting started . 刚一开会小高就抢先发言。
I was about to take the last cake , but he beat me to it . 我正要去拿那最后一块蛋糕,而他却抢先拿走了。
They jumped the gun by building the garage before permission had been given . 他们未得许可就抢先盖了汽车房。
I was waiting to buy a ticket , but only one ticket was left , and another man beat me to it . 可是仅剩的一张票却让另一个人抢先买走了。
I advised him against it, because to preempt his own deadline might confuse our adversaries . 我建议他不要这样做,因为他在自己提出的最后期限之前就抢先采取行动,可能使我们的敌人莫名其妙。
His three companions made the introductory gesture of eloquent speech; but the young man at the door forestalled them . 他的三个伙伴好象准备作长篇演说似的做了个开场的手势;可是门口那个年轻人抢先说话了。