He stayed a little longer than he had intended, on a slight pressure of invitation from mr. brooke . 他作客的时间比预定的长了一些,这只是因为布鲁克先生说了几句挽留的话。
I mention them only to prove that if careful writers can do such things it is only because they have no ear . 我举这些例子,只是想说明:如果认真的作家还这样写,那只是因为他们耳朵不灵。
I thought that was perhaps no more than a natural reserve accentuated by the verbose frankness of her husband . 我也想过,这也许只是因为她本性拘谨,再加上她丈夫心直口快、过于饶舌的缘故。
I omitted to mention her until now because she was largely omitted from the consciousness of bigger thomas . 我一直把她略而不提,只是因为大部分时间她在别格托马斯的意识中同样是被忽略的。
There is no excuse for my making use of the title of so celebrated a book except that it so admirably suits my story . 我居然盗用如此著名的一本书的标题,只是因为它太适合我要讲的故事了,否则确实很不应该。
If her good-humour flagged at moments it was not because she thought herself ill-used, but because she suddenly felt sorry for ralph . 有时她也会感到有些沮丧,那不是因为她觉得自己受了亏待,只是因为她突然替拉尔夫感到难过。
No , dad ! just because you ' re scared of the ocean - - 不,老爸!只是因为你害怕大海- -
Just because . we found him " entertaining . 那只是因为.我们觉得他“有娱乐性” 。
It was the only reason please don ' t be mad at me 所以只是因为这个啊别那么生气
Not just because they help me professionally 并不只是因为它们帮助了我做开口秀