The princess, as was her habit, tried to express her amazement in her face, as though she were doing something improper . 公主照例在脸上露出惊讶的神情,好象他在做什么不体面的事情一样。
We were, in short, not just getting out under the cynical cover of a "decent interval" before the final collapse . 一言以蔽之,我们的目的不光是在“争取一段体面的时间”的巧言掩饰下在最后崩溃之前抽出身来。
The name of figs, which had been a byword of reproach, became as respectable and popular a nickname as any other in use in the school . 无花果儿这名字本来含有侮辱的意思,后来却成了学校里最受欢迎和最体面的浑名儿之一。
No one runs so hurriedly to the cover of respectability as the unconventional woman who has exposed herself to the slings and arrows of outraged propriety . 一个标新立异的女人一旦冒犯了礼规,招致了唇枪舌剑的非议,再没有谁会象她那样飞快地跑去寻找尊严体面的庇护了。
It ' s my first chance to work at a respectable place 这是我第一次有份体面的工作
Do you have to hang your unmentionables there 你非要在这儿晾你那些不体面的东西吗?
He wishes to straighten up and lead a respectable life 他希望改邪归正,过体面的生活。
It ' s not respectable to be drunk on the street 在大街上醉倒是不体面的。
Is he not perfect ? proper little soldier 他很完美对不对?体面的小战士
I have to decide how to let brooke down gracefully 我必须考虑好如何给布鲁克一个体面的解释