They all wanted a real break with the old ways of running our country . 他们都希望同那统治我们国家的旧制度一刀两断。
I want to make a clean sweep of everything i've learnt and start afresh . 我要和以前学的那些玩艺儿一刀两断,一切从头开始。
But if mr. godfrey didn't turn over a new leaf, he might say good-bye to miss nancy lammeter . 如果高德夫雷先生不悔过自新的话,他就得同南茜拉梅特“一刀两断”了。
A knife to sever any friendly duty, any form, was easy to his hand in that remote city . 在这个遥远的城市,同任何对朋友的责任或任何形式的礼节一刀两断,是件极容易的事。
The knot of marriage between two persons of different temperament is so intricate that it can only be cut . 维系于两个气质不同的人之间的婚姻纽结杂乱如麻,只能将它一刀两断。
There came on me all at once the wish to have it out with alan, let my anger blaze, and be done with my life in a more sudden manner . 我想马上跟艾伦一刀两断,让我的怒火勃发,更突然地跟我自己的生命诀别。
A : i have nothing to do with my ex - husband anymore 我跟我的前夫已经一刀两断了。
I [ b ] have nothing to do with [ / b ] my ex - husband anymore 我跟我的前夫已经一刀两断了。
. . . which proves that i am completely over him 这证明我完全和他一刀两断了
Falk : i did it ! i did it . i cut all the ties 我成功了,我成功了!我和过去一刀两断了