Recovering from the impetus which had carried him to that decision, val looked at him maliciously from under his lashes . 法尔从逼使他作出这样决定的冲动下恢复过来,恶意地从睫毛下面看看他。
Val saw his uncle lift his eyes to the witnessbox, without moving his face: heard a shuffle of papers behind him . 法尔看见自己舅舅抬起眼睛瞧一下证人箱,脸上神色不动;又听见身后一阵捣文件的簌簌声。
Alone with val after dinner, he sipped port deferentially and answered the advances of his new-found brother-in-law . 晚饭后和法尔单独在一起时,他一面恭顺地呷着彼得酒,一面回答这位新发现的姊夫的亲密表示。
Now val turns to me , but i ' m looking at carson 这时候瓦尔转向我而我看着卡尔森
Have you ever listened to val play his baby grand 你听见过瓦尔演奏他的小型钢琴吗?
- dave . - all right , val ! now you ' re talking -戴夫-好了,瓦尔!该你说了算了
Hello ? this is val . i am calling from hilton 喂?我是瓦尔。我是在希尔顿给你打电话。
I don ' t question you , val . what ' s up 这点我毫不怀疑,瓦尔出了什么事了?
Dave . - all right , val ! now you ' re talking 戴夫-好了,瓦尔!该你说了算了
First time val beats you anywhere 这是val第一次随便在什么地方就能超过你