He paused long enough to allow that to sink in-give clyde the feeling that he was an interloper indeed . 他停顿了相当时间,好让这句话打进心坎,让克莱德感觉到自己实在是个没有一点能耐的人。
He felt that either time had done her disservice or that he had considerably overrated her sense, and borne with her manners before . 他觉得,不是岁月磨去了她的能耐,就是起初过高估计了她的才智,没有觉察出她的教养不足。
"i have no person's word for it but his own," answered butler dryly, "but undoubtedly he best understands his own qualities. " “除了夫子自道,我没有听到别人说过,”巴特勒冷冷地说,“可是当然只有他自己最懂得自己的能耐。”
- pick on somebody half your size . - i knew it -作弄人可不是你们的能耐-我知道啦
Would you please resign yourself to waiting a bit longer 你能耐心多等一会儿吗?
You ' re such a loser . man , you must have a big one , 你真是失败拜托,再多点能耐吧
Pick on somebody half your size . - i knew it 作弄人可不是你们的能耐-我知道啦
A natural or acquired skill or talent 能耐,才能天生的或后天获得的技巧或才能
Angry as he was , he listened to me patiently 他很恼怒,却能耐心地听我说话。
This stops their ability to lob so much 这将大幅中止他们打高吊慢球的能耐。