"a short journey like that could not fatigue, and might distract her thoughts. " “那样短短的旅途不会太疲乏,也许可以叫她散散心。”
He had a feeling of relief, like one who drops exhausted at his journey's end . 他感到如释重负,就跟一个人在旅途终了时,精疲力竭地倒下来一样。
On my journey to his abode, i unexpectedly came within fifteen miles of gimmerton . 在我去他住处的旅途中,无意来到了离吉默吞不到十五英里的地方。
Leslie rowan my private secretary, wooed and won her in these few days at sea . 我的私人秘书莱斯利罗恩,在这几天的海上旅途中追求她,结果成功了。
In a short time oliver was sufficiently recovered to undergo the fatigue of this expedition . 不久,奥立弗的健康已经恢复到禁得起这样一番旅途的劳顿。
In this passage mr. denham contracted a friendship for me that continued during his life . 旅途中,德纳姆先生同我结下了友谊,在他有生之年,我们一直保持这种友情。
It was a tragic moment, a pitiful incident of the trail-a dying dog, two comrades in anger . 这一霎那,光景非常凄惨,这是旅途中一幕小小的悲剧--一条狗快要死了,两个伙伴都在发怒。
We went down accordingly into the waste, and began to make our tiresome and devious travel towards the eastern verge . 于是我们走下山坡,进入了荒原,开始踏上了向东面边缘前进的疲劳而迂回的旅途。
All during the two thousand mile drive from seattle, i had wondered what i would find of the farm where i had been reared . 从西雅图到这里两千英里的汽车旅途中,我就一直在想我会在那片曾经哺育过我的土地上找到什么呢。
He knew there was something beneath their journey , 他知道他们旅途下方存在着什么