The aforesaid total absence of conversation allowed every extraneous sound to be heard . 上边谈到的他们的默不做声使得四方传来的一声一音都可以听得见。
He could hear rudolph breathing steadily, asleep, as he closed the door quietly behind him . 他轻轻地随手把门带上,听得见鲁道夫均匀的呼吸声,睡得正香。
The desire-sober and repressed-of elizabeth-jane's heart was indeed to see, to hear, and to understand . 伊丽莎白-简斯内心里受着压抑而朴实的欲念,确是看得出、听得见,可以令人理解。
So there we had to stay-my mother almost entirely exposed, and both of us within earshot of the inn . 于是我们只得就呆在那里我母亲差不多完全没有遮蔽,而我们两个人都在旅店听得见的距离之内。
Sometimes in the dark we heard the troops marching under the window and guns going past pulled by motor-tractors . 有时在黑暗中,我们听得见部队从窗下走过的声音,还有摩托牵引车拖着大炮经过的响声。
Heads turned when they came in, and a murmur, barely audible, of astonishment and pleasure swept over the church . 她们进来时,人们都一个个转过头来,一阵勉强听得见的惊讶和快乐的叽叽喳喳声掠过教堂。
If the tread is an echo, it is an echo that is only heard after dark, and is often unheard for a long while together . 如果这种脚步声是一种回音,那么这种回音只有在天黑以后才听得见,而且常常在很长的一个时期内听不见。
Can you hear me through the dark night far away 穿过远方的黑夜,你听得见我吗?
One had to shout to be heard above the tumult 声音嘈杂,得大喊大叫别人才听得见
We live within earstot of the factory whistle 我们住的地方听得见工厂汽笛声。