For, after all, he had only been eight years exiled form middle-class gentility, and he had been a waiter half that time . 因为,归根结蒂,他给中产绅士阶级排挤出来才不过八年,而其中有一半的时候他都是当侍者的。
The ancient black cattle were displaced by the long-horns, and that these "were swept away by the short horns as if by some murderous pestilence. " 古代的黑牛被长角牛所替代,而长角牛“又为短角牛所排挤,好象给某种残酷的瘟疫所扫除一样”。
I know how it feels to walk along the streets like other people, dressed like them, talking like them, and yet excluded for no reason except that you're black . 我知道那是种什么样的感觉,象其他人那样在街上行走,穿着象他们,谈话象他们,却无缘无故地受到排挤,只因为你是个黑人。
The other boys froze john out of the club 其他的孩子们把约翰排挤出了俱乐部。
The others tried to freeze me out of the conversation 其他人试图将我排挤在谈话之外
He ' s out of the mainstream of the company (他被排挤在公司的主流之外了。 )
They ll blackball the both of us . you ll be finished .他们会排挤我们两个我们就完了
She elbowed out her rivals , and obtained public office 她排挤了对手,赢得了那份公职。
. . . they ` ll blackball the both of us . you ` ll be finished . .他们会排挤我们两个我们就完了
The millennium development goals right off the agenda 对千年发展目标的讨论排挤出议程之外