- He weighed the parcel in his hand ( s ) ..
- A subset s of a ring a is a subring of a .
- S is the concentration of unpaired nucleotides .
- Politic s cannot be equated with art .
- The beam from the laser l passes through the shutter s .
- Weigh this in your hand ( s ) .
- The consonants " t " , " f " and " s " are voiceless .
- There was a red mark on his back in the shape of the letter s .
- The ideal s(a)is called the saturation of a with respect to s .
- The function is called the entropy of the system, and is denoted by s .
S (named ess , spelled 'es'- in compound words; plural esses"S", Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd edition (1989); Merriam-Webster's Third New International Dictionary of the English Language, Unabridged (1993); "ess," op. cit.