- The cyclone brought misery to thousands of people ..
- Middle-latitude cyclones originate at the polar front .
- A cyclone in the tropics is caused by a smaller area of low pressure .
- The principal objective in designing cyclones is to create a vortex .
- This control requires knowledge of attrition kinetics and cyclone effectiveness .
- A region of low pressure with roughly concentric isobars is known technically as a cyclone .
- By using cyclone separators to return the entrained solids, even higher gas velocities can be used .
- To avoid rapid loss of solids, cyclones and electrostatic precipitators should have a very high collecting efficiency .
- Vortex injection provides a form of swirl or cyclone combustion for a rocket engine similar to systems often employed in industrial furnaces .
- Tropical cyclone warning bulletin for local public
- a violent rotating windstorm
- (meteorology) rapid inward circulation of air masses about a low pressure center; circling counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern
In meteorology, a cyclone is an area of closed, circular fluid motion rotating in the same direction as the Earth. This is usually characterized by inward spiraling winds that rotate counterclockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere of the Earth.