- You would not expect him actually to perform those degrading acts ?
- But she could not get over the idea that to earn her living was somewhat undignified .
- I felt - yes , idiot that i am - i felt degraded
- The lack of propriety shown by your mother , younger sisters and your father
- Such loss of dignity and descent into childish behaviour on the part to their parents about the place or people they visit
- Such a loss of dignity and descent into childish behavior on the part of the adults deeply shocks the adolescents , and makes them resolve that in future they will not talk to their parents about the places or people they visit
- 5 such a loss of dignity and descent into childish behaviour on the part of the adults deeply shocks the adolescents , and makes them resolve that in future they will not talk to their parents about the places or people they visit
- Leaving aside the degradation of an alliance with a nameless man , and the possible fact that his property , in default of heirs male , might pass into such a one s power , he had sense to comprehend heathcliff s disposition : to know that , though his exterior was altered , his mind was unchangeable and unchanged
- When she saw him thus seeking the acquaintance and courting the good opinion of people , with whom any intercourse a few months ago would have been a disgrace ; when she saw him thus civil , not only to herself , but to the very relations whom he had openly disdained , and recollected their last lively scene in hunsford parsonage , the difference , the change was so great , and struck so forcibly on her mind , that she could hardly restrain her astonishment from being visible
- He could not understand indeed how on a basis of such poor arguments it could have seemed so incontestable to him that he would be lowering himself , if after the lessons he had received from life , he were to put faith again in the possibility of being useful and in the possibility of happiness and of love